Sunday 1 January 2012

To Do

Sometime ago I started 101 Things in 1001 Days. I liked this very much, to begin with, but it made me very conscious that setting up so many goals was just unrealistic. It allows no room for breathing, for change. Trying to pluck so many goals out of the air right at the beginning also means you set yourself up for a lot of failures... I certainly did.

But I like goals, they serve as reminders for the things I want to do, the projects on a back burner, the topics of interest I have yet to follow through. They help me achieve things. I also like the sense of achievemnt when I look back and see how much I have done. I like to see where I have been....

So I have changed the form, now my 1001 days are officially over. I will add things as I feel drawn to them. When a thing reaches a point where I am no longer drawn to it, I shall remove it from the list. It does not matter how long something is on the list and if it leaves the list, it can always come back. The list shall never have more than 13 things on it, as how many things do you really need on the go at any one time? But it may have less than 13 things. Things done will move on to a second list where I get to look back. Things that get incorporated into my life will get moved off the list rather than stay there indefinitely. Some things are on the list because I need to do them but something about it challenges me in some way, I can not let myself forget.

So my current to do list sits over on the right and this is what it contains....

Visit a Graveyard for Stories
My growth and the healing of my imagination have called for me to visit a graveyard and feel the stories contained there. I am finding this challenging because it requires going out and doing, the emphasis being on the out bit.

Start a Moon Journal
Reading today has brought me to this and I like very much the idea here that Lisa has for a Moon Journal. I think it would be a good thing to do.

Restart Dreamboards
I used to enjoy doing these very much and it was always interesting looking back at them at the end of the moon. I stopped when the wedding prep got too manic, but I want to start again and doing them in conjunction with a moon journal seems right.

Get my wisdom tooth sorted
Cross your fingers for me....

Do my Foot exercises
Got out of the habit somewhat, need to start again....

Make purple bracelet
I started a purple bracelet for myself that is going to be a little time consuming - I want to finish it though for sure....

Look at Geometry
I have always like geometry - noth mathematically and artistically. I have a book coming on sacred geometry and I feel the urge to keep mining this area of interest...

Give Away Unwanted Cards
Another thing that came up yesterday was giving away my unwanted Arthurian tarot and Healing with the Angels Oracle cards. They do not speak to me any more. Interested?

Collect Stones for Medicine Wheel
I need 36 stones to represent the points on the wheel. I have one so far, a piece of flint I found in a flower bed while at my parents. According to this site flint helps to sever emotional ties, which makes this an especially appropriate stone to have picked up when and where I did - it was the last gift of my spirit home as I walked the gardens one last time.

Make rattles
I have guords to hollow and dry to make rattles!

Make a Medicine Bag
I want a medicine bag. I covet one. One that really shows my love for Magpie, and uses my skills as a dedication. I don't want a plain bag, or even a leather bag. My current idea is to make a little beaded amulet bag using dark blue and green iris beads on a loom with black threads. I would like to line it with white cotton to protect the beadwork but continue the cotton out of the beadwork to act as the flap. I want to needle felt black and white wool on to the flap to make a magpie wing... Maybe a little ambitious!

Transcribe the Journal
A couple of years ago, an Uncle died and amongst his possessions, two journals from the other side of his family were found. I find them so interesting and wish to share them with the world. As such I have decided to transcribe them onto a blog and link them to people in Ancestry. I have created a new blog for this purpose which is completely unrelated to this blog or to me as an individual (well, they are not about me at all after all!) but I want to completely finish this project. if you wish to read about life in the long ago, let me know and I shall send a link....

Read borrowed books and return them
I have some borrowed books I have had far too long. I need to give them back. I need to make them time to read them to honour my friends gifts of sharing. And if I am not going to read them, then they need to go back anyway!

2 comments:

mel said...

i don't even want to think about the list of things i set myself...i found a copy of it when i was clearing out my desk...it went into the shredder. :D

this seems a nice manageable list - the graveyard visitation sound really interesting -- i get the 'going out' bit....not an easy thing for me at this time of year....

xoxo

Rose said...

oh those lists were awful really.... A good idea but just too much! *laugh* wish I had shredded mine! Instead it stopped me from writing a new list until it was all over! oops...