Sunday 8 January 2012

Tooth Fairy

Last week I had a wisdom tooth removed. Unexpectedly the tooth decided t let itself be extracted without incisions. For the two days after my temperature was up and down but it was not to painful. Then on the Thursday night it woke me hurting in the night. Friday was a tired day and it woke me again Friday night too, once the pain killers wore off.

Last night I did some reading about infections and things and discovered that you need to keep the scab intact in the hole. If you don't it can become infected. I got F to get his little torch and have a look in and after a lot of struggling his pronouncement was no scab, only yellow / whitey stuff.

I went to bed and decided to have a go at journeying for some healing. So I climbed my tree and asked politely for some helpful wings and took off for the upper world. I just got there when a voice asked me what I was doing up there and I should be going down. So we flew down head first and I started climbing down my tree to the Lower World, except I was the wrong way up! Very disconcerting!

I climbed down into the cave with the pool. I was told to wash my mouth out three times and then there was a little red fish in my mouth with one of the mouthfuls of water and it was eating and nibbling all around my sore teeth. Then I released the little fish and thanked it. I was told to wash out my mouth three more times and then there was a little white fish in my mouth nibbling away. I thanked both fish and that was it...

My teeth did not wake me in the night and I even managed to get a lie in! I am not saying they don't still hurt, they do. But the level of pain is much more what I would expect now.... And when I got F to have a little look in my mouth earlier, all the white and yellow stuff was gone and he could see scab.

I couldn't remember if I thanked my guide or not, so I thanked him this morning and promised I would go and meet him properly. He said he would like that. I have only visited the Upper World once and not for myself. I have spent more time in the Lower World and I am much happier there because of this. I am aware of the landscape around my tree now and I know some of my shortcuts. Traveling there is becoming easier for me because of this.

I used to have such trouble with journeying and had to join a drumming circle. Drummming is very good and my journeys with it are very vivid but it is nice to be able to do simple journeys alone to, as and when I need to....

And I think my guide will pretend to hate that post title but secretly be very amused!

4 comments:

mel said...

wow...that's absolutely brilliant.

glad your tooth is feeling better!

(i'm terribly behind in my reading!!)

xoxoxox

Rose said...

*laugh* Life happens.... *hugs*

laoi gaul~williams said...

amazing!
so glad you are now feleing better :)

Rose said...

Thank you lovely Laoi! I am too!