Thursday 19 January 2012

Tough

Life feels hard right now. It felt really hard last night but today is much better.

I always get a hormonally challenging day a few days before my cycle starts again and last night was it. I was definitely miserable, mopey and weepy. It comes after two weeks of pain and illness, first with my wisdom tooth removal and now with a ear canal / middle ear infection. I am on my second lot of antibiotics and these ones have side effects that do not go well with my IBS. So I am looking forward to next week - eating very basic food at very particular times of the day to avoid difficult situations!

Not surprising it all seemed too much when you add in hormones and a lack of decent sleep as well!

But there has to be a lesson in all this.... Doesn't there? A challenge....

It is the Moon of Welcoming right now and this for me has often been one of illness when it has been my Year of the Moon of Welcoming... (Wheelkeeper's post on this is excellent...)

It was the year I came down with glandular fever. Next time round it was the year I felt off colour, dropped out of Uni and then ended up in hospital being operated on a couple of days later.... So there is a lesson for me here for sure. And how often have illnesses corresponded with the yearly cycle of this moon?

The opposite of welcoming is rejecting....

Mostly I am keeping my chin up....

No comments: