Wednesday 29 December 2010

Cotton Wool Cloud

I feel like wrapping myself in cotton wool, in a giant warm duvet. I guess the land felt the same way today because it did that too. Thick cotton wool. All day.

Fog forms in so many different ways it seems and I don't really have a clue why it formed here today. Maybe the land was warm and moist and a cold air current passed over. Maybe there was a cold front and a big warm front came and sat on top of it. With all the sea and ocean and wind currents that meet over these islands of mine.....

But it covered the entire South West. A driver who came in today said it was thick all the way down from Bristol to us here in Cornwall. This is a major fog and it did not shift at all.

Cotton wool. A giant duvet.

It didn't help us feel better for being back at work. but then I guess we were not going to be happy. Flat.

I feel tired and drained and I can not wait for my upcoming week off.

In other news: I discovered that painting silk on plastic previously used as a backdrop for acrylic painting is not such a good idea... And the Little Princess is not coming back to work and I have yet to decide how I feel about that. To be honest I don't think I feel an awful lot.... Relief maybe. More processing to be done perhaps or maybe I already did so much processing over her, that I am already there. Feelings in cotton wool to maybe?

1 comment:

mel said...

((((hugs))))

the weather is behaving very oddly here too...we're in some sort of anti-snow bubble and everyone around us is getting hammered...

it's supposed to RAIN on the weekend?!?!

the back-to-work, back-to-reality thing never goes smoothly...i went back to a bounced paycheque and the boss still in Germany until next week. JOY, effing, JOY!!

more (((((hugs)))) xo