Wednesday 1 December 2010

The First Day of Christmas Creativity


I signed up for Rowena's 25 Days of Creativity for Christmas and I found myself a little short of time tonight... I just had to pick up the paint brush and slap some readymix around for BIG! This weeks painting is now drying because I want to add further layers as the week progresses.

I have a bracelet I was going to finish - put the catch on and sort the threads but my niece called for a chat. Instead I made one of the pairs of earrings I have planned for my Sister. They took about five minutes...

My camera is awful at close up photo's but these earrings are made using two large black beads with silver scribbles on them. They have been placed on head pins with a small spherical silver bead at each end. I used my round nosed pliers to make a hook at the end and connected the head pins to the ear wires with a split ring.

Expect to see more earrings on evenings when I do not have time to do much else! My Sister asked for earrings and earrings she will get!

See the picture on my blog for a link to the challenge!

5 comments:

mel said...

woohoooo!! you brave girl -- i'm not daring to be so adventurous...

luvverly earrings, btw...

xoxoxo

Leone said...

very pretty, your sister will love them I am sure! Happy creating

Rose said...

Thank you ladies! *hugs*

Rowena said...

Yay, you! I'm adding you to my sidebar. I have a feeling the beginning of this challenge is actually going to be harder than the end, since I know I'm going to be working on some things that need a process, like coats of paint or time to sew. So as I finish them, I can add them.

I hope. Anyway.

Rose said...

Ah I so know that.... I need to do layers on my silk scarves so they are going to take days and won't be easy to finish and finding a finished project each day is a true challenge!