Wednesday 15 December 2010

The Journey

I had a dream last night. Well I had several dreams as I do most nights but there was one tiny little section, whose meaning was so clear I want to write about here right now before I go to work.

I was on a train with a handful of other people. We were all going somewhere lovely but we had to keep making stops or detours for the different people on the train.

It was kind of obvious to me that this was an observation on life.

I might be ready to get to a new destination where the journey will be different, maybe on foot through forests or by kayak across beautiful lakes but it isn't just about me. I carry with me a group of people, linked by blood, friendship and karma. Some life changes are so huge they take all those with you there to. Winning the lottery would be one of those changes. It would take the train and all who ride on it somewhere new. They would miss their detours and stops.

I don't experience their detours and stops in the same way as they do - they are just delays on the train journey for me. Of course, i could get off the train, I could walk away from them all but that feels to me like an attempt to derail the train for a whole group of people. It wouldn't then get where it is going at all. I guess sometimes we just have to be patient and go through the dull times so that we can arrive with all our loved ones in the place that we belong together.

Would I like to go there alone? No, not really....

So what is in the way towards lottery millions? (*laugh* as if I have a clue where my journey is going, except that it is going) Well my sister has a hard life as a divorcee with two teens and an ex who contributes nothing, she is learning the lesson of living to a budget - one she is not doing to well with right now, one that is leaving her with debt and stress, one that a lottery win would whisk away and I would sooo love to do that! My folks are learning how to live with each other all over again now there is less work and few buffers between them. My Dad has had some issues with death since the loss of his Mother and has become besotted with dogs and gets sulky if my Mum won't let him keep to four.... My Mum has chronic health issues that sometimes it feels like my Dad just can't or won't really deal with or try and understand - waving cakes in front of a diabetics face, helpful? hmmmm, they may like the cake but short term gain, big not so short term pain.....

Then there are the friends that surround us who would benefit if a win was big enough - the friends who in the past year have set up an internet shop that is now big enough to support a real shop. The friends who are trying to move to a small holding but can not find buyers for their own house. The other friends whose relationship seems to be growing more distant....

A massive influx of money would change their lives too.....

So patience on the journey, the train will get there when it does... and I just know that this train is going to the country, taking us on a holiday.... somewhere nice and we are all going together...

1 comment:

mel said...

ooooooh....sounds lovely.

((((hugs)))))

xo