Friday 3 December 2010

If Excuses were Little Dogs

Another pair of earrings tonight for day 3 of the Christmas challenge... and still no cord.

Part of this is the fault of Little Dog. I need to sort through the assorted hobby stuff by the sofa where I sit. I slouch there covered in duvet and the duvet tends to drape itself generously on the floor next to the sofa. And tonight, for the first time in weeks, Little Dog came and joined me.

Before the fireworks she would come snooze on my legs every evening. Then when I went to bed, she would go and sleep on the duvet on the floor in the room where F plays on the pc. She likes to share herself between the pair of us. Then when F comes to bed, she comes to and snuggles up with us. Well unless F is taking too long, then she comes to bed early.

But the fireworks terrify her and she goes and hides. And then for weeks after, she hides, waiting for them to come back again. At about 9ish she decides it is past time and she comes out of hiding and slinks off somewhere to sleep, normally under the stairs, where she has one of those big plastic beds, full of old wooly blankets. Under the stairs is safe from draughts and right opposite a radiator and a very good place for a snooze.

So tonight, F and I got a Chinese and we ate together and there was no spare room on the sofa but she decided to come and join us anyway. She flopped on the overflowing duvet, and when F left to play on the pc, she never left. And after so many weeks, I was not willing to move and risk having her leave.

Luckily, I keep various things next to the sofa, including my lap tray with beading things on it but I wasn't prepared to rifle through it all again to try and find the cord. So how's that for an excuse for no photos? *laugh*

I will find the cord tomorrow and post catchup photos.

Todays earrings are made using spherical labradorite beads with matte silver grey double delicas inbetween threaded onto some silver coloured thread attahced to the ear wires via a wire guardian. Oh and at the other end of the drop are three little delicas in a picot to hold all the beads on.

Soooo tomorrow..... Sleep well and dream happily.

1 comment:

mel said...

oh, but i can very much understand the not wanting to disturb a snoozing dog (or cat, for that matter). many a thing has gone undone or at least delayed to avoid such an imposition...:)

xoxoxo