Sunday 5 December 2010

Day 5 and Seeing Stars....

I was inspired by Rowenna's glittery stars and I thought some would look nice dangling from some strig hanging from our mantlepiece. I soon found some pre-cut stars upstairs in my craft stash. I had forgotten all about them.

We have a shop down here called Trago Millsand they buy bankrupt stock etc from all over the place. Some of their stock is so ancient, while other stuff is so new.... You never know what you are going to find. One time they had some little plastic draw units stuffed full of random craft stuff. They were going pretty cheap so I got one even though I had no idea what was in it...

It was jam packed with card kits, stickers, glitter, a big jar of embossing powder, brads, finishing bits... endless things.... and some little packs of pre-cut shapes that never ever inspired me. So I had never touched them. So I had a pack of maybe a hundred stars, with one side white and the other green, blue, pink, yellow or lilac.

I began by paitning them all with irridescent paint on both sides. Then I painted some of them with interference paint in blue, green or violet on both sides. Then I used my glue pen and started sprinkling glitter..... silver, blue and white.... Then I started punching little holes for white cotton. I have a length of silver stuff for them to dangle off. I had planned to do all this today but to be honest, I have gotten a bit bored! Time to have a break and do something else for a bit.....

I had hoped for a complete project each day but I don't think that is so very likely!

1 comment:

mel said...

ooooooh! they sound lovely -- what a delightful bunch of stuff you got in your drawer -- just like Christmas!!

i'm figuring if i at least do *something* creative every day this month -- even if it doesn't get finished -- it's a bonus. looking back so far, i'm doing pretty well...

alas, i've knitted 'til my hands are cramping so now it's time for ME to do something else as well!!

xo