Wednesday 13 July 2011

Beginning

Wapeyit of Rattling the Bones posted a beautiful post today... It made me want to tell the story of my own beginning. And more importantly, to ask my Mother about my beginning and to write it down so I do not forget....

One day, as my Mother neared the end of her allotted nine months carrying me throughout the hottest Summer in living memory, she went to the clinic for a check up. They found her blood pressure was up and told her to go home, collect some things and come back again, which she did. On her return, they connected her up to a drip and gave her pain killers and such like and began the process of inducing me.

My Father came from work to the hospital to see my Mother and make sure she was alright. He arrived, the nurse checked his name, led him to a door, told him to put a gown on and ushered him inside. In those days Fathers did not tend to watch their babies being born and it was certainly not something my Dad would have been eager to see! But nether the less, there he was..... Much to his surprise!

I was very tiny, not quite five pounds, so they put me in a prem unit for a few days but apparently I gained weight quickly (*sigh* I still do!). I was only a week, maybe two premature and my health was fine.

My Mum does not remember too much of my birth and has very little idea what time of day it was even! Those drugs will do that to you....

I would like to remember and record more of my childrens births for them.... More the stories of them, than a physical video however!

No comments: