Sunday 31 July 2011

Kick

After a long hard slog the Orders of Service are done. 48 A5 booklets consisting of an outer irridescent piece of card with order of service and a boarder on it. (I got away with only making three stencils for the wording - acrylics make them gungy and if you strip it fou make them fuzzy edged and they gungey quicker). Inside is a sheet of white paper cut down from A4 and printed on both sides and then folded. The booklet is held together by a white ribbon, held in place with a heart in the centre of the innermost page of the booklet. The hearts were made by painting an A4 white sticker page and then drawing round a heart cookie cutter and cutting them out.

This has quite literally taken weeks.

I am glad they are done.

But I am not done. There are some calls I still have not made and with only four weeks to go, I am running out of time.... Flowers, hair and the minibus are not finalised.... I have crafty adminy bits I can not do until I have all the RSVPs back and of course.. I don't.....

So I am alright, but not great. Getting there but not there.

F however is nowhere near finishing his alloted task of sorting out the house. I know I get to finish my stuff and then start on his stuff and this is not making me happy. He doesn't seem to have much will to get it done either. And a complete lack of organisation! Sometimes he expends an awful lot of energy for very little outcome.

So this afternoon I have been sorting stuff, after a slog to finish the Order of Services. I have two days holiday and I know those days are going to be spent, rescuing his behind from his lack of will. I am frustrated. I love him. But I want to give him a good hard kick....

1 comment:

Leone said...

Sounds like so much fun but exhausting too. Your wedding will be so much more meaningful because it will be so personal. It sounds lovely!!