Tuesday 26 July 2011

Rememberance

Time passes. I slowly eek my way closer to being done. A few letters cut in a stencil before work - the lettering on a few more covers sorted after work. By small increments I am getting there.... All is good.

I will be glad when I can work on other things though. I have a stack of books and magazines. I have 21 Secrets and a sketchbook.... I have no space in my life right now for anything new. Once I am wed, I will finish the things waiting for completion and then, it shall be time to usher a few new things in through the door. I am glad though I have things for after the wedding, that i am not heading towards a huge expanse of nothingness.....

Every so often though, something peeks in that pushes to the front, the next step on my path, rather than an interesting side path. This time it is memory. Synchronicity has been at work in this. Life has been shouting at me for a long time that my memory is really, really bad. It is a standing joke at work. I have long developed tactics to disguise my lack of memory which enable me to be very well organised... task lists, calendar reminders and full on notes to refer to.... I know how to get round having a bad memory for sure.

But I don't actually want a bad memory.

I don't want to end up vague like my Gran. I can see this process happening....

So I know all this and then I get a kick - in a conversation with a friend.

So what do I do with a kick like this? I go away and learn more. I buy a book. I integrate the knowledge into my world view...... And if I am really good - I put it into practice.

This is something I need to learn to improve though. I need to work that memory muscle. Not just for my spiritual development but for my own mental health as well. Otherwise I will find myself old, having forgotten who I am.

No comments: