Wednesday 6 July 2011

Care A Lot

I am not really doing Bloglandia justice right now. Overtime, tiredness, social activities and wedding planning are dragging me away.... I have a whole post I wish to write on some stuff I have been thinking about and I shall... but not when I have to leave for work in five mins....

Even little things seem to be taking on epic proportions!

I want nice non-alcoholic and alcoholic punches for the guests with a raspberry and rose falvour. Sunday saw me at a friends with raspberries and rose syrup, pureeing and sampling with different accompaniments.... Last night saw me making raspberry syrup which turned out surprisingly well and is actually really easy! and delicious. And here I am actually drinking some! But now I have to experiment with fizzy water and lemonade and vodka and fruit wines and cheap sparkly wine and and and....

You would think a little drink would be easy? Why is there something in me that just can't do bog standard Bucks Fizz? Maybe cos I think it tastes horrible and I am allergic to oranges? Maybe, but I think there is a different drive at work here. The drive to be different, to be new and original, to be the best I can.... This wedding is a chance to show everyone in some ways that I am back where I was before my life went wrong. That although I am absent a lot, even when I am here, that I think of them a lot, that I care a lot.....

Just a drink you say?

*laugh*

3 comments:

Suzi Smith said...

mmm...sounds delicious ((hug))

mel said...

*grin* i totally get that. totally.

and you're already doing things so differently that i smile every time i hear what you're up to. but veering from the norm in weddings IS tiring...

being awesome is draining sometimes.

xoxoxoxo

ps. i got something lovely in the post today. ((((Hugs))) :D

Rose said...

It is getting there Suzie! The rose syrup can be overpowering *laugh*

I knew you would get this... Glad you got your post even if it was really, really slow!