Saturday 9 July 2011

Invitation


I am not procrastinating... not much anyway....

I thought you might like to see the fronts of our wedding invites. The card is lovely and there is no photograph that will do it justice. It has a very fine line texture and a silver shimmery coating so that it glimmers gently. The font is vivaldi. The paints acrylics in burgundy, red and burnt sienna applied with a stencil....

I have a story about this design actually....

When I was a kid doing art at school we had an assignment once to take two letters, make masks with them then create a repeating pattern and colour the negative spaces. I chose the font vivaldi and the letters J & R. One for my name and the other for the name of my crush of the time.

Except it was a very fleeting crush! I would not even remember having the crush if it were not for the piece of art. i don't remember it at all. In fact the guy was someone my sister went out with. It makes me wonder if I just had the crush to produce that piece of art with those letters...

Because here I am years later and they are mine and my fiance's initials and I have recreated that old piece of art and turned it into my wedding invites....

It was a good piece of art though and received admiration... Unfortunately it was the piece that the art teacher admired very much and made him comment that I might be better than my Sister. oh well!

On the reverse of the invite I have stuck a smaller piece of white parchment on which the details are printed in Calibri and Vivaldi fonts....

No comments: