Saturday 16 July 2011

Time for Help

So F is out on his Stag do. Has been pretty much all day. And I had nothing to do. They decided to get buses where needs be rather than have any of us girlies around. Well, not till the end at least!

F knows of my lack of ability to stay awake after ten. He had arranged to stay at his Best Man's house and for the Best Man's lady to take them home. Very nice of him....

Except part of the way through the night I kinda realised I didn't want her to pick them up (even though she is one of my best mates). And I didn't want him to sleep there. I wanted to hear the stories of the evening. I wanted to be involved. I want to look after him, make sure he is alright, after the inevitable excess.

She was happy to oblige and immediately understood. She has known me longer than F after all. In fact F and I met through her and her partner....

So now I am sat here thinking of ways to stay awake, by myself.... And I have no idea what time I need to stay awake until....

The worst thing is, I know I would have been grumpy and resentful if I had had to pick him up.... I am not always the world's best partner, but it isn't that I don't care.... and I always get there in the end. Sometimes I need a little help... sometimes I need a little time.

No comments: