Saturday 9 July 2011

This morning I have hoping my latest Amazon delivery, despatched Thursday night, will arrive. I ordered this a few days ago and in it I will gain a book recommended by Mel on Power Animals, a book on journeying that comes with a drumming CD and another drumming CD. This weekend is perfect because F is working, so I have a calm peaceful house in which to journey. Definitely crossing my fingers....

I am tinkering on my pc and soon I shall have to migrate to the dying laptop, to feed in invite details and transfer around wedding related things. Then I need to clear my laptop off my table and be creative....

Maybe I shall work on the covers for the Order of Services, maybe the wish tree. F and I are supposed to be sitting down together to think up some witty wishes to add to our wishes for the guests/ I have no idea when that will happen... Otherwise I could start printing out and cutting out the wishes and tying them shut with the white ribbon I have. And I need blank wishes too. There is something about the wish tree that feels very pagan to me, it feels like a spell, particularly tying the wishes on with little bits of white cloth.... I think I shall just remove the wishes themselves and leave the ribbons tyed on the tree after, like a little cloutie tree.

But then this morning I saw the amazing guestbook Sam made for her sister. At the moment I have these lovely sketchbooks. One larger one for photos and a slightly smaller one for the guest book. I was planning to do something to the covers, but maybe I should be a little bolder....

And then there are the favours, if we end up having any! I love the idea of felting soaps... but even with only 50 guests, do I have time? I might see where I am at, at the end of July, when my finances would permit me to next think about buying the things I would need.... I might make an experimental bar with the wool i already have and see how it turns out, if I could make that many bars....

Sitting here writting about what I have to do instead of doing it is a way of procrastinating though!

2 comments:

sam brightwell said...

Hi Rose, thanks for the link to my guestbook. I'm really chuffed you like it so much. I could have offered to do one for you, now that I've had a go and know what to do, but then you have your lovely Khadi sketchbooks. And you'd have to have a word with Suzi about calligraphy. It's possible to take the paper from the sketchbook, make a unique cover and then rebind the whole thing. Something to think about maybe.

I'm very curious about felted soaps. Soaps wrapped in felt? or something else? Sounds good though. I had a go at felting last year, and loved it.

Rose said...

*grin* Thank you Sam. I am going for a rough and ready look using the Vivaldi font. I have silver shimemr card and snowy white parchment for my stationery throughout and have been happy dabbling. Looking at your book made me realise I could rebind my khadi paper and I am using white ribbon on my Order of Services so I could use it to bind the books as well.... All those holes would just make it easier.... I am still thinking and mulling though. I like this stage.

Felted soaps are just a bar of soap with wool felted all around it so it is as if the soap is inside it's very own flannel. AS you use the soap in the shower etc it exfoliates and cleans and the wool shrinks with the soap. I love the idea sooo much! Not sure it is practical though.... Not in the time I have for that many people.