Thursday 21 October 2010

BIG Start

Eek!

Let's step back a day or two.... The lovely Mel posted all about how she was about to start an online course called BIG. It sounded great and fun and my first thought was I hope she posts a lot of her work from it and that it wasn't for me, wasn't where I am right now etc....

But BIG festered in my brain. Those little questions started popping up and answering themselves.

I can't paint... so it isn't exactly about painting, at least not perfect painting, professional painting. This is fearless painting and I can be fearless right?

I am not feeling creative right now.... but I so want to...

It costs money... I just worked all weekend piling up overtime to satisfy the man (not F but the man that is the corporate overlord). If I don't deserve to treat myself with my hard gotten bonus earnings....

I am lost and in a rut... so time to get out of it!

It requires lots of materials... I have bottles of poster paint and access to lots and lots of paper. I now have some waste paper in the form of a single sheet wound around and around to a thickness of an inch or two. I can get another piece or two if I run out....

Maybe I was wrong, maybe this is what I need right now, to get me kick started again.

So I did it and now I am nervous. There are some proper artists in the group, but then I am not here to make art, I am here to be BIG and FEARLESS! Art might happen as a byproduct....

2 comments:

mel said...

woo-HOOOOOOO!!! *spins Rose in a circle*

i'm so glad (have I mentioned?) that you decided to join in --- i had most of the same arguments with myself as you did...money, materials, the "Art" part of it......but it's true -- what ends up on the paper is really just a by-product and i want to find FEARLESS more than i'm scared of not measuring up...

xoxoxoxox

Rose said...

*grin* We always seem to find the same things fun! This is going to be great but I just want to start now.... I want to paint and be fearless and big and have fun!

And I wished I lived in the right time zone....