Sunday 24 October 2010

The Fear Demon

BIG started today and I have been really enjoying it. This week we have four exercises, explained in a pdf and then fully demonstrated and explained in videos as well. And Connie's videos are fun as well!

I worked on the first two exercises today and all was going well until I started my sixth painting. I painted some sinuous green lines and then I painted a dotted line on each side but then I got stuck. Well and truly!


I had no idea where to go from here. I couldn't face painting around all the dots and thin lines. I didn't want to spend hours filling the sheet with more dots and lines - the original ones would get lost for starters. I didn't want to use all the colours on my palete either so I was feeling limited. I had the idea of doing a wash but had no idea if it would blur everything and cause it all to run.

The lovely Connie suggested I take a break, and I did. The first thing I did after was use up some of the paints on my palete that I no longer wanted - black, flourescent red and gold. I figured if I painted the fear demon, badly, as he deserves, I could giggle at him whenever he gets uppity.

And here he is....


I then bit the bullet and did the washes on my picture as well as two further line / dot sections. The washes are subtle and don't show too well but they are blue, green and pink. And I am glad I finished it off.

Go visit BIG!

1 comment:

mel said...

lol!! yeah, how can you take a guy with a hairdo like that seriously?!?!?

FAB, dahling.....brilliance abounds!!

xoxoxoxoxox

ps. I'm enjoying this BIG thing tremendously....