Monday 11 October 2010

Wait and See

I left the house to blue skies and a sprinkling of frost. A happy day.

I have come to the conclusion that my dream was a happy dream, underneath all the strangeness. I have been on a dull path and then I got lost on the rocks but soon I am going to find my path again. This path is just for me, each foothold will appear as I need it and I will reach the top and that will be a place worth being. Maybe it will be a hill, or a hill that is a foothill to bigger hills and mountains or a nice level cliff....

I think it was a warning that the fallow, dull and more lately, just plain difficult times I have had of late are about to change. This may be scary but those footholds will be there and I will find them, they are perfectly placed for me.

So, I just have to wait and see, how exactly this change in my path manifests.

The dream made it clear to me that although some people do not like some landscapes, there is merit in them all and beauty too. Even the most treacherous. In fact often the most treacherous of paths lead to the most beautiful of places. As long as we keep walking. This fallow time, walking the causeway through the tidal marsh and mire which appears bleak but isn't....

Tidal areas such as the one I saw support so many birds and have an important role in filtering and storing pollution. Mudflats may look lifeless but they are far from it. They also protect inland areas from the might of the sea.

So where will life take me next?

No comments: