Sunday 31 October 2010

The Dame of Shape


I have come to realise why I enjoyed paintings based on shape the least. It is because I love shape the most. I love architecture and sculptures. I love celtic knotwork. I love geometry, with this being my favourite area of maths. I enjoyed AutoCAD to and worked as a draughtsperson for a time. But if you love something, you want it to be right. And that for me is when things get tricky and my gremlin whispers...

Shape is best in 3D and if there was ever a lady who understood form, I reckon Dame Barbara Hepworth would be a contender... She also had a pagan leaning which appeals to me. The painting above is called the Green Man and the one below is Winter Solstice.


As much as I love her work, I don't want mine to look like this. This is not my voice. Mine is a little less precise... messier.... I am sure I will find it....

2 comments:

Leone said...

I love these two pictures. I can't wait to see your version.

Rose said...

ah.... I forgot that I hadn't been posting all my piccies here, just on the BIG Ning group.... I will have to post some of them here.... *hug* oh and mine look nothing like these ones here!