Monday 18 October 2010

The Dark Side

Sometimes life is surprising.

I have had the whole Mother / Step Mother thing for the last seven years. It was awful for the first two and slowly the conflict dropped off until there was a lack of anything, particularly contact. Tonight I received a second hand invitation. I was expecting F to go by himself, had not even considered I might be able to go.

Why does the first time I have been allowed to step in to an event in S's larger family life, does it have to be a funeral? All those nativity plays for instance and other school events. I am glad I get to go. The person in question deserves respect, they were kind to me when they had no need to be. A few words, delivered at the right time, can speak and share volumes.

So now I need to get some time off work.

On a happier note, we have been given permission to have S for a special excursion to the Eden Project's Skate and Scream. Skating on their seasonal halloween skating rink and a trip through their fear experience. They are setting up their rainforest biome to be scary..... I hope I can still get tickets.

I also played with my Happy Book. I did my purple and pink colour page. I started collecting stars for my star page which now sports two pink stars from a plastic bag. I also tore some pieces of some finger painting I did. I couldn't do this when I first did them - I was too attached to the whole - but tearing them was actually quite therapeutic and the pieces look better than the originals I think.

Work was tough today. The early starts and excessive hours of the weekend take their toll and I still need to do a lot at work to get through and back to normal. And now I need to ask for more time off too.... eek!

1 comment:

mel said...

((hugs))...well i suppose it could be said that her passing has built at least one small bridge -- so that's some good coming out of it.

yay for the happy book....booooo for work and its assorted aggravations...

xoxoxox