Wednesday 24 November 2010

Day Dream

I read last night that you need to be at the point where you can recall at least one dream a night before you start stepping further forward on the dreaming path. So last night I dreamt. I had a single dream last night. Well sort of. It was one dream across more than one period of dream sleep. Kind of unusual for me to remember that and for it to carry on.

What counts as lucid dreaming? I was aware, I think that I was dreaming. I was able to work out some of the inconsistencies of my dream while asleep, without stopping the dream, just sitting back and seeing where it went. But despite all that, it did not feel very conscious at all. It was not a vibrant, strong dream.

Not an interesting one really, not one I would be very bothered about remembering or writing down. Should I make an effort to write such dreams down? Should I lie still and cling to those dream details desperately before they fade ad I can move?

I am sure most of the world has heard that Prince William is getting married to a lady called Kate. William is nicknamed Wills. My dream was all about Kate and Wills. Except Wills became Will, a boy I knew and had a huge crush on when I was a teen. In the dream The Prince had turned into some wierd combination of the two. I had a conversation with Kate about what he was like when he was younger, this boy who lived across the field. And that is the only real detail that has stuck this long.

I guess I should try hard with all my dreams right now, seeing as I am trying to learn more. But where do I want dreaming to take me? What are the benefits of lucid dreaming? Is that where I should be trying to get? I picked up Carlos Castenada this morning and flicked through and I can not say as I want to go the same places he went.

You know, my dreams are much more interesting than my waking life right now....

No comments: