Thursday 18 November 2010

What Dreams May Come

I wanted to talk a bit more about my dreams today because I have more thoughts running through my head.

I slept relatively well last night, but I still dreamt. Rambling dreams that made little sense but followed some rambling story. Me switching jobs. Me somewhere doing charity work, growing mint and using it to feed the hungry.

These dreams were different to others I have talked about here. They are lesser. They are my mind wandering and repairing and thinking to itself. There may be moments of meaning but there is nothing deeper. I wake up and these sorts of dreams vanish before I can really get a grip on them, like smoke.

The other sorts of dreams do not gently whisper in my sleeping head, they shout. They shout so loud that somewhere inside the sleeping me, I am not so very asleep. Even if I don't write them down they stay with me. And they seem to be shouting more often at the moment. Maybe it is because I am taking them more seriously, maybe it is because they have much to say right now.

I am finding that the symbolism of my dreams combined with my BIG painting is making the shout even louder. The phoenix, the burning fire, the woman at the edge of a cliff watching the Northern Lights dance..... Combine this with the lovely Mel's tarot reading for me. The universe is shouting at me - hold on, just hold on, change is coming, have faith, keep the faith. Just survive this.....

Does that make any sense? Does it fit with what I have written here about things? Am I deluded? Is this just me trying to help myself survive all this? So what comes next?

2 comments:

mel said...

it makes lots of sense....it's the big chaotic, painful restructuring of What Is....

faith, dahling, faith...

xoxoxo

Leone said...

The Phoenix is a symbol of rising from the ashes. What happens next is up to you. Hugs!