Wednesday 3 November 2010

Time of my Life

So..... As Connie has posted, there is a lot going on this November and as much fun as it sounds, just like her, i don't feel like I want or have to do everything. I am really enjoying BIG, mostly, some times it is tough but I so want this.... I am also enjoying the Happy Book with Jamie Ridler but following that a little less thoroughly.

This week for instance is a problem for me - I have a bad memory so remembering which lines in books I loved when I read them before is tricky! This task is one that would be much, much better for me to do gradually over time. The books I am reading at the moment don't lend themselves to lines for the Happy Book either - the Queen Mum's biography and a teen vampire book...

I do however have a whole bunch of projects of my own that are a little on hold. I want to dedicate my time to BIG. This holiday season is going to see few of my family receiving birthday and Christmas presents that I have made..... I just can't face that much jewellery....

I want to make rag rugs, learn to crochet and make felt. I want to paint more silk scarves. I want to make a HAPPY freaky cuddly toy. I want to draw some isolated lines of my body in bright colour. I want to experiment with some filler I have on pieces of small wood board that were excess packaging at work. I want to paint layers of paint on to different textures and then scrap and sand......

The first week of BIG, I wanted to do every exercise a gazillion times. I was very conscious of my lack of recent painting experience and felt that I needed more dedicated time to relax in to BIG. This week I have no leave and the clock change has left me drained. I dedicated Sunday and I have a painting for this week's task but how much do I need to do?

I contribute to all the discussions, comment on blog posts and pictures and am fully part of the process.... but how much painting do I need to do? I think I need to start another one for this week to keep in the flow but I have no idea what... Maybe I should just turn up at the blank page and see what happens.....

1 comment:

mel said...

i agree...just turn up with a paintbrush and whatever happens, happens.

i'm getting infinitely better at NOT joining in...it would be too much. i decided to do NaNo...not because of finishing it...but for starting it -- if that makes any sense at all. just giving myself the couple of hours in the evening to write - is a huge step for me and therefore i consider the venture a success already.

and all that has trickled down from BIG....so i'd say that your burbling of ideas and desire to create is the same thing -- so the paint on the paper is just an added bonus.

xoxoxoxoxoxox