Thursday 25 November 2010

Homesick

Sometimes I feel like a bad daughter, a bad aunt, a bad sister.....

My family are so far away and I miss them but I am awful at keeping in contact with them. They know me and they know I am bad at keeping in contact. And when it comes down to it, I got this from somewhere..... They are used to late present parcels as well....

But when I speak to them I get to hear their pain, their underlying problems, and I can't help but wonder if I was a better Aunt, a better Sister, a better Daughter, if things would be better? But there problems are things I can not solve, I can not change, it is just life. Living closer would not change it.

I could hear them all talking in the background as the family split in two, those staying and those returning to their own home and there was so much laughter. I think that living on top of each other for so long, they don't necessarily see and appreciate all these little things that I miss so much.

And I do miss them. Sometimes I get so lonely. I have the fantastic F but he works shifts. And I have friends but they all have their own lives... their children, their horse, their second job. I would love to be able to pop to the shops with my Sister, join my Mum for a walk, go and do some dog things with my Dad, listen to music and dance with my niece and play on computers with my nephew.

The little things of life.

Family.

1 comment:

mel said...

yes....things we too often take for granted when they're close at hand..

(((hugs)))

but they'd likely drive you mad in the end...i know mine do...;)

xo