Friday 12 November 2010

Snippets

Ok so snippets tonight - I am tired and don't have much to say. I think enough has been said already this week, in oh so many ways.

I looked up symbolism of the phoenix this evening. Apparently Arabian phoenix's sang - they sang songs so lovely that the Sun God himself would pause to listen. My phoenix is singing. I have no idea why my phoenix is singing, where that idea came from or what it means. I do know that Arabian Phoenix's are supposed to be the King of all Birds and it symbolises the rebirth of the sun. I guess it's presence in my painting can only be good.... I know times are bad.

We got a dehumidifier the other day and already the lounge feels warmer - but we have a loooong way to go with drying out our home. I wonder how far ranging the benefits will be?

A colleague out of the blue, started telling me about a knotted rope keyring they had made. They showed me it and I realised it was one of the knots in the knot books I bought. I never got round to really making any of them but this little bolt from the blue made me think I should have another look - after all I have plenty of things to use.

Another little thing is that there is a felting course - a short one with chats - it overlaps with BIG and costs more than the price of a book on felting. I also want to do rag rug making before felting - I only need to buy hessian and a couple of cheap tools to do it. I might also buy a new cutting mat, a decent rotary cutter and one of those wide cutting rulers - maybe. But I sooooo want to do the rug thing. I want those rugs - in my newly decorated bedroom (maybe it will be decorated by the time I finish the rugs.....

And there we go - that is quite enough for this week. May tomorrow be a new and better day that sees the start of a new and better week!

No comments: