Thursday 4 November 2010

Storm in a Teacup

OK, so more dull maunderings about work....

Last week my Boss apparently had several meetings with their Boss and was seen crying and very upset afterwards. Milking the pity. Dropping hints of doom. Some of my colleagues were set very on edge by all of this... Not surprising after the year we have had. Rumours start to fly. All because my Boss failed to be professional.

Today we finally found out why. Boss's Boss is moving. My Boss gets a new Boss. My Boss informed us of who it would be and hte upset started to make sense. My Boss really does not like the new Boss.

I could have laughed. I had wondered if it were to be a big attention seeking fuss over nothing.... I am not saying there will not be an effect on us, I am sure there will. It could be a good effect. It could take months, even years. It really might not be bad for us at all. New Boss's Boss is not one to take any s*** that's for sure, but I have never ever had a problem....

So ironic really. My Boss losing their cool because they are getting a new Boss they don't like. Given everything they have put me through, it feels a little like karma.... I await with interest to see how this all pans out.

The worst that can happen for me is that I lose my job and I am not really phased by that thought. Only the loss of money would be an issue. I can keep my friends. In some ways losing my job would be like the world giving me a biiiiig sign saying, time to get out of here.


Anyway, i am so glad I did not let my Boss's rumours of dooms get me down.

2 comments:

Leone said...

Sounds like interesting times - maybe a case of what goes around comes around?

mel said...

oh yeah, that is SO karma....it's circling around to bite her in the ass....:)

woot!