Tuesday 14 September 2010

Chocks Away!

I have not really created much this last year. The occasional adventurous tea. A little bit of writing. Not much else.

My crafting corner has been neglected. My table piled high.

This weekend I cleared it somewhat and I sat there and used it and various things around it for Mina the Mouse's modeling session.

I started to realise how many half finished projects I have. I also began to realise how many things I have bought for projects I never even started....

Bells and green wool for some druidy bell stick thing...

A marbling kit I have never used....

Some second hand glass candle sticks I bought to paint a la Misty to make cheap stained glass...

A length of peach and crystal beaded rope....

Silk scarves waiting for paint and one with the first coat of paint applied....

Half finished journals with blank gesso'd pages, including a book I made for my niece....

Painted pieces of fabric for charm bags and a piece of braid completed to tie one of them up...

My rowan staff which has been drying for a very long time....

And there are all the half started beading projects in my bead box....

Books that I have never read, films I have never watched. Things everywhere, half done or ignoreed completely.

And then there are the half finished books.... My Wreck this Journal, My The Artist's Way, The Joy Diet (which I never started)....

Past expectations, commitments, desires, dreams, past me's all over the place.

I guess I have to decide which of these are still me and which are not and those that are not part of me, I should let them go.

I still want to clear up my list a little. I think some of the half finished things will go to their intended homes as they are, the energy that began their creation has gone. Others I still want to finish and yet others I want to start again. Some I want to demolish and use their parts in other projects and others will languish, their status changed to finished, even though they did not get where they were meant to...

Time is always the issue. Working full time and being someone who needs much sleep, there is so much time available...

And I don't want to spend all my free time looking backwards, I have so many new things I want to start on!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

well this is the perfect post to end up on. after your comment on my blog i've popped over to say hi, but you have more than a few blogs listed... and they're old, and they're saying goodbye.... and..... i got lost! LOL

but it looks like you're also looking for clarity too? drink in some of that recent new moon virgo energy while it's still lingering.

i'm a libran too btw. ;)

Rose said...

Well, this post is not an end but a beginning! My other blogs are fairly dead at the moment but both my writing and creativity ones (Footsteps in Ink and Living Creatively) are more on hold. Living on the Witchy Side has been replaced with this one - it came with too much weight - 101 things in 1001 Days? *shudder*

Yay for Librans!

mel said...

ah yes..i can very much relate. (never even opened the Joy Diet...roflmao!!).

we may have been *absent* but we were still walking a parallel path, methinks.

xoxox

Rose said...

That wouldn't surprise me... It was always astounding how close our paths were, even though they are so different in many ways. I hope things have been a little easier for you than they have been for me.

Glad I was not the only one with the Joy Diet, even though it looks like such a lovely book!