Friday 24 September 2010

Friendship

Well the Boss was off work, so I had alovely day at work. People were able to help me cover for my missing colleague who shares my job, because they didn't mind being in the office with me, as my Boss was absent. This meant less stress and more fun.

So my Friendship Cake was ready to go out into the world....

So Friend 1 lives near where I work. Except we have not seen each other in a year and her sister quickly told me she had moved out! But bizarely was on her way over and had been talking about getting in contact only that week! The sister kept me talking till she got there. She is a a lovely lady - with a huge mouth! It is difficult for her to be quiet. She has thoughts on everything. She is such a live wire! I love her and always have fun with her. Having two of them there is double the fun - but possibly would quickly become exhausting! *laugh*

Friend 2 is an older friend in both senses of the word. A Grandmother who looks younger than me. I got there and gave upon getting in and was about to leave her cake mix on the back door when I realised she was hoovering. A cup of tea and some good chat later it was time to go....

Her hubby had discovered half my wing mirror on the road when he was walking the dog, which saved me running over the bits. With some jiggery pokery, F was able to fit it all back together just fine when I got home.

I then discovered F had been busy today! He baked me cup cakes! His first ever attempt and they are lovely! He never ceases to amaze me! (This is the same man that nearly burnt our kitchen down last night, leaving the hob on for two hours....) I like having a non-perfect man though, it gives me an excuse not to be perfect!

So life is good!

It felt good being able to drop in and surprise friends like that and feel so welcome and wanted. It felt good to give them that cake mix

No comments: