Friday 3 September 2010

Happy Heart

My horoscope informed me I was either coming down with flu or thoroughly and completely disheartened.... hmmmm....

Being completely and utterly disheartened isn't a big shock. Being back at work is horrid really. Really, really depressing. One of my colleagues has admitted that he has not gotten back in to it since returning from his holiday - nearly three weeks ago. So this malaise infecting me isn't just about me.

I need perking up - I need to refocus from work to outside of work if I am to be happy any time around about now.

After work, Little Dog and I went for a walk on Big Hill. Although there was blue sky and sun, there was also haze. All the landmarks - towns, other hills, the far cliffs were hazy or invisible. I felt like I was up there all alone. I wasn't - I met two other dogs and their owners.

Little Dog and I also had an incident. As we approached the car, there was a van parked there as well, with the window open and a trace of chip paper sticking out. Little Dog in true unruly fashion raced up to the van, drawn by the smell and jumped up to look in the window. I called out to her and made the lady in the van jump.

It was a little embarassing but kind of funny... I apologised a lot and got a glimpse of a little boy and a man and ran for my car. Little Dog meanwhile was running around and being as fast as she is, I couldn't keep up with where she was... I opened the door and called her and then turned around to see if I could spot her, but before I had even turned around, I heard the sound of dog behind me leaping into the car. I could hear the little boy and the man talking about where she was... Oh there she is, no, she's there!

At least she helped me make a swift escape! The lady gave me a grin as I pulled out...

So I came home and was on the prowl in Bloglandia when I came across Jamie Ridler's The Next Chapter about The Happy Book this time. I have done previous book things in Bloglandia and all sorts of other things too... In fact I took on a little too much for some one who need slots of sleep and works full time. But maybe this little one would be good for me... Getting me to look for the happy in things...

I ordered my copy...

I need a lift at the mo. Work feels too hard to be entirely happy....

Oops.. forgot to add a link! Go here...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I look forward to reading about your happy adventures in the coming weeks.