Saturday 25 September 2010

Mii Fitness

In the past, I have made many stabs at getting fit and trying to be more healthy. F has also had his fair share of dastardly plans. I think it is very hard for fitness professionals to get the right level of exercise for the very fat and unfit. There equipment is not geared up for us, nor their routines.

When we signed up at the gym I discovered some of the easiest aerobic routines given me were virtually impossible and as for some of the machines - I had to use them with no weights. Surrounded by the ultra fit and all those mirrors, i soon stopped going. It would have taken a lot of determination for me to carry on down that route.

So what else is there for people like me? Not sure really.... But helath and fitness things seem to be much more about those who already have a bit of both than those that have none at all.

This is why I wanted a Wii Fit and today the Birthday Fairy delivered one. Complete with all sorts of little extras.

I already love it. For starters with it's focus on balance as well as BMI, I didn't come out so bad, because it seems my balance is pretty darn good! I actually came out with a younger age than F, even though he is way fitter than me.

So I set it up to do four routines - warm up, leaner Mii, overindulgence and relaxation. Each of the three activities that made up these was tailored to my fitness level and it was pretty dead on. I worked up a glow. That nice sheen of perspiration that means you have worked but not killed yourself. And then it told me I had burnt 244 kcal.

It graded my performance in each activity. This included calling me a couch potato and other delights, but really, i can not disagree! It did however rate me really highly in some of the yoga things and even called me a yoga trainer - less strenuous poses only! but it made me feel good without embarassment, risk of injury or overdoing it. I achieved something.

I have a couple of sports games for it as well but there is a dance one out at the mo that I will probably pick up as well. I wish there was a tai chi one.

F liked it to.

Not a cheap pressie but one that i hope we don't turn in to a fad. If we let it, it could make a real difference.

2 comments:

mel said...

Brilliance!!!

My sis lost over 50 lbs using the Wii Fit and she loved it....it sounds the perfect solution for *real* people.

So glad the Birthday Fairy brought you something good...happiest of days to you, btw!

xoxoxox

Rose said...

50lbs! Wow! That would be soooo great!