Friday 17 September 2010

This Week's Happy

I often read a few blogs before I go to work so I went to work having already seen the Happy Challenge for Week 4. I like this week's challenge, it feels like a happier, less daunting one for me. I struggled with this week's. Anything a little tricky, I seem to have to sit on for a day or two and then the weekend is done and I then struggle to feel awake enough to do tricky things after work.

So... gratitude letters.... sounds easy right? Maybe I like to make things too fancy and complicated. Maybe I need to keep things simple and straightforward. I will get too this task, just not quite yet.... I like the idea of putting together a collection of happy packages for my sister with a difficult life, more than I like the idea of thanking her for instance (She is a single Mum with two beautiful, very non-average children and an ex who pays her nothing so she works as well - not an uncommon situation, true, but few would claim it was easy or expect it to never get them down)

But the music.... I can do this. So at work, I asked a colleague (young, pretty, hectic life) what song really makes her happy and want to dance. The answer was Insomnia by Faithless.



Only thing was, then she wanted to know why...

So I told her.

Which led to me telling her about Mina and the trip to the supermarket and the cheese display. (last week's happy offering)

Which led to Wreck This Journal and taking my journal for a walk through muddy puddles and all, tied on a piece of string.

I had her in hysterics.

And then two other colleagues came in and she was like, tell them, tell them....

So I did (the four of us are quite close and lucky unpleasnat bullying Boss was no where close so I didn't mind)

They too, were in hysterics. It was a good afternoon.

But they also told me their favourite happy dance around like a noonar songs of the moment Crash by The Primitives (40 something ex Goth / Armed Forces guy) ....



...and I Know You Want Me by Pitbull (40 something rocker). OK so the second one seems an odd choice but the reason he chose this song is that he last played it while his daughter was over and danced around to it and embarassed her a lot and everyone had a great time. (including the daughter, not that she would admit it!)



So, after all that fun, here is my favourite dance around happily song, one of my special happy songs. Something Good by the Utah Saints



And the delectable F chose Katrina and the Wave's, Walking on Sunshine. He actually played this to to me, when we first woke up after the first night I stayed at his place. (He doesn't remember, this is unusual for us, me to remember something and him not...)



Feel the happy! XXX

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY! loved your post :) I'm gonna have to start dancing NOW!
Have a great week!

Beverley Baird said...

Some great choices! You've got us primed for our own search of great dance music!

Ginny said...

What a great post. It made me smile as I saw you and your coworkers laughing at the things you have done with the mail-around-book club. Have a week full of laughter and happiness.