Thursday 16 September 2010

Friendship and Cake

I got home today and was about to step on my doorstep to open my door, when I realised there was something there. A bag, through which I could see a note on tope of something else. I took it in.

I read the note quickly and discovered I was being given a Herman!

A pot, full of a yeasty mixture, covered with foil. A sheet of instructions, lots of stirring, occasional feeding and then.... after ten long days! Herman gives birth! To four baby Herman's and one full grown cooked Herman! The baby Herman's need new homes very quickly....

I have never received a friendship cake before but I am really looking forward to doing this.

I called the friend who left Herman for me and we had a nice chat. She sounded doubtful as to whether I would like the whole Herman thing or whether I would find it a bit odd.... Maybe I need to let some of my blog life out in to the real world.... If she had seen my Wreck This Journal or my Happy Book (which is pretty empty at the moment).... As if I wouldn't like a friendship cake!

No comments: