Sunday 26 September 2010

Fish Food

So... I thought F had not managed to get last night's shift covered but at the last minute he told me he had and we were going out.

He took me to a lovely restaurant, perched on the cliffs. We had a lovely window table with a beautiful view of the town and headland.

We ordered nibbles rather than starters, italian bread with balsamic vinegar and olive oil, a platter of meat with toast, picallili, gherkins and olives. So lovely, simple....

Then we had our main course. I chose mackerel and F chose Swordfish. I didn't really think about the fact it was a whole roasted fish... It came out with head and tail attached. I had no idea how to eat it and of course there was a lot of bones as it came with skeleton as well. There was pomegranite seed and french fries along with sauces. We also ordered veg but two portions was way too much! After a while I braved the fish and it was slow eating but delicious!

F's Swordfish was to and it came with what looked like little eggs but were actually hot minty water in gelatine.

Then I had a creme brulee and F had sticky toffee pudding followed by hot chocolate and coffee.

It was all sooooo lovely.

It definitely counts as a posh restaurant! This reminds me of my 101 in 10001 and I figure there are a couple of restaurants from the holiday to add and I can not remember all the ones I recorded from last year either... I can only think of 5 posh restaurants. The Castle, Rick Stein's, The Lakeland Gourmet Pub, The Lakeland Boutique Hotel and the Birthday Clifftop Extravaganza. oooh and I just remembered the sixth - the Golden Pub by the Lake.

So I had a lovely birthday and feel like doing absolutely nothing today. Although I did spend some time on my Wii Fit.... It seems I put on a pound last night? Surprised? not really....

2 comments:

mel said...

lol -- ah, birthday dinners don't count when it comes to calories and weight gained...;)

sounds a lovely, lovely day -- except for the fish head and tail....i wouldn't've been able to eat it after that....:(

xoxoxo

Grammy said...

Hi Rose, Thanks for stopping by.I have never been to a posh restaurant, I will have to put that one on my bucket list. It must have been quit an adventure. I read the good by on your other blog. I am quite analytical too. But used my blog in the beginning to find one thing a day to make me happy. I need to start doing that again. It is nice to meet u. And look forward to our adventures with the happy book.