Tuesday 21 September 2010

*Frowning Face*

OK, I am still tired and grumpy, so maybe it isn't just the hormones, maybe there is something here to be grumpy about...

1) Future m-i-l
Oh my! I wish she would stop calling us! message after message. And she calls when F is at work, why hasn't he called back? Because he is working for the next two days! Leave me alone! And can F actually do much about the thing she is calling about? No! She has been pestering the person who she needs to talk to but strangely, they seem to be avoiding her calls (can't think why). That person is going through a tough time right now and I find these continuous calls to them really rude and inconsiderate, even though I don't much like the person involved.

The thing is, these calls are all over S. Who is just fine and getting old enough to make his own choices in things. He is also having a really, really tough time right now. F has allowed him not to come over to see us because he understands that this is not where he needs to be right now. S does not need future m-i-l fussing and nagging and surely it has to be counterproductive? Very very soon he will be old enough to be able to stay home alone and have full choice on where he wants to be. Respect that! And stop calling me!

2) My Boss
So work is not fun. hasn't been for a while. I love my colleagues, all except one, the one who holds power over us. She is a piece of work and since we all compared notes on her and realised the extent of her game playing, she has become much, much more subtle in her nastiness. So now, the person who shares my job is encouraged to take holiday at the worst times of the month, leaving me to deal with it all. She encourages colleagues to work on training so I am left no support while covering for my colleague. And where is she? Off talking to cute guys....

And the last few days the whiff of redundancy has started getting stronger. My contract is up for renewal (not that I ever received my last contract to since!) and no one is saying anything. My Boss even asked me about it at my appraisal, as if she doesn't know way more than me... She asks if I am in the union. And conversation with her starts to have that whiff. Now there is a scheduled works meeting where staffing levels is on the agenda. Hmmmm. And how much do i care? Not much, getting the toe would let me off the hook and get me moving but I don't like the atmosphere and the redundancy process brings pain for so many people.

And what can I do about any of these things? Dealing with the future m-i-l is not for me, not really. And there is nothing I can do right now about work. Really I just want to win the lottery and buy the lovely Wetherham..... Please? Can I?

2 comments:

mel said...

lol -- i wish that for you with all my might!

feeling your pain on family stuff -- ugh -- the source of much of my angst these days. *sigh*.

and work? yeah. get that too. i especially understand the game-playing types that like to stir drama where there's no need (or desire). what is it with people like that? and how did they sneak into management positions?
xo

ps. as soon as i told Savannah you were *back* she threw together a quick something and a note for your birthday...it won't get there in time but she pedaled her heart out to make the mail pick-up. :)

Rose said...

Bless you....

and bless Savannah! *hugs* I look forward to it! And I meant to say on your blog that every photo of her dreads is cooler than the last! Is she going to thread anything through them or sew in charms or anything?

I might send you an email so you can appreciate the full extent of future m-i-l's lack of sensitivity. I ended up having to talk to her earlier. Then I rang my folks to let off some steam....