Saturday 11 September 2010

The Magnificent Adventures of Mina the Mouse

I started a little late so I decided to combine both exercises in one, with my lovely little friend, Mina the Mouse!

Mina had to spend a lot of time in my bag while I worked, because she just didn't have the security things sorted out... By the end of the week, she confided in me, that she felt more at home in my bag than in her own bed....


One night after work we decided to visit the beach.... She was amazed how big the sky is over the sea! (That is her pointing at the sky in the bottom left)


Mina discovered that cliffs have toes (yes they do!)


She played in the sand and made a beautiful circle out of pebbles with a sand spiral in the middle.


We admired the way the sparkle of the sea...


She was feeling a bit hot and sandy after all that so she had a little paddle, but it was a bit fresh! (It may not look like it, but the sea is trying to whisk Mina away! She was a little scared but she won't admit it...)

(As I walked back across the beach, I had to giggle a little as I realised a wet, sandy mouse tail was hanging out of my bag)

Back at the house, she was feeling full of salt and sand so she decided to have a nice bath to relax and get clean...


***

Mina even visited the supermarket with me! She was overcome with awe when we reached the refrigerated aisle. All that cheese! Yum! She had to go and touch the packets and have a sniff to make sure it was all real... (Oh my did I find this one embarassing! I was not sure that I would not wimp out)


***

We went for another walk, another evening. Along the cliffs in the gloaming to enjoy the wind. Little Dog raced around with the wind up her tail. Mina loved it too! Although she found the trees a little startling! The wild winds keep them small and these thorn trees have not dared to grow very tall at all. They are either buckthorn, blackthorn or hawthorn. She had to climb a thorn tree lining the path.... (It was not as dark as it looks)


When we returned home, Little Dog and Mina had a cuddle on the sofa.... Isn't that just full of heart?


***

So this morning, Mina woke up quite early and did her normal morning things. She ate her cheese and drank her milk and curled up in her nice warm bed to read the Mouse Times, her favourite newspaper. She was a little distraught to hear the moon has no cheese, as confirmed by some valiant mouse explorers and she was angered when she read the theory that cats had gotten there first (Little Dog offered to help Mina hunt cats as revenge). Mina then noticed the photo of Miss Glamour Mouse 2010! And so began Mina's photo shoot!


Miss Mina Mouse and her treasure! Cheese! She was very polite about the jewels but she was very firm that cheese is where it is at...


Um... Probably the less said about this picture the better... It's red... The items she is posing with are probably what you think they are... Yes she is surfing and er.... Mina is a very liberated female mouse whom the sufragettes would have been proud of! (This photo made me giggle, I hope it does you to!)


Mina gave me a big hug to celebrate her week (although she is a little glad to retreat to her shelf, with her books, where she can watch everything.... Can you see her smile?

***

Go see what everyone else has been up to this week!

1 comment:

Leanne said...

Very clever!
I am late starting too, you clever gal doing both challenges.
FUN!

Love Leanne