Wednesday 1 September 2010

Flight of the Magpie

I have often noticed that themes emerge in life. Bloglandia seems to really, really show these up. The blogs I have on my list and have just started reading again have very little to do with each other. Most might not know the others exist. Coincidences of what they choose to right about really are random.

Today seems to have a theme. Finding the magic in the moment. Spotting the magic all around us. Wishes. Asking for what we desire. Following our old dreams.

So here I am... wishing...

I daydreamed about the magpies I watched from my car outside of work. Dreamt I had magical magpie blood a la Charles de Lint and could fly away with them and then step into the spirit land.

I have a contract at work. Well sort of I do. I was told my contract would be renewed but no contract ever materialised for me to sign. It is nearly over but I suspect they will forget is is even due for renewal. I noticed today that the last day of my contract is the day before the next stock check.

Technically, I could leave the day before stock check without saying anything and just not turn up. I imagine my Boss calling to find out where I am, her impotent fury as she realises there is nothing she can do. And I giggled.

I shared this vision with a colleague and he found it funny too. Then I shared with F and he laughed. Such poetic justice. Such perfect timing on the calendar.

I unfortunately noticed that the one day felting course I was interested in falls over stock check weekend. Now can I please win the lottery, walk out of work without having to give any notice just before stockcheck, go to my felting workshop and leave nice cheques for those colleagues I work most closely with (and who conincidentally would be the ones most affected by my walking out, but would leave my Boss a big fat zilch oh and maybe a headache because that is all she deserves from me - me leaving within the rules she sets down and no deliberate nastiness.... just nothing...). It isn't pay back or vengeance.... and maybe they will get better at renewing contracts for other poor employees...

Nice dream.... Nice wish... So here is wishing.

Oh and the mansion I fell in love with is back on the market... it was under offer... I want to win enough to buy it and do it up and live in it... But that is being deliciously greedy!

No comments: