Saturday 19 March 2011

Bubbles

As i sat in the bath, I noticed the bubbles and how the bubbles all fit together, all different sizes and i felt inspired. I was reading about the rainbow dream and suddenly my bubbles were rainbow coloured.

By the time I got out of the bath, the process of a piece of art was in my head. A wash of rainbow colours. Circles of all sizes fitting together, with white acrylic between the circles. A black border. A booklet with this the first in a series. Words on the left hand page.... They appeared later.


I had to laugh though. All this to get me to produce an artwork, which while I like very much, it's message is a.... mild rebuke? a joke at my expense? I laughed. It fits my current problems at work. This would, as Jamie sans would suggest, Coyote in action....

Someone is a pain in the ****. Very capable but not into the job, no sense of responsibility, team play, pride in their work or anything that would help them to do a good job. They just don't care. They are lazy and untruthful. They hide, do non-work things, anything to avoid work. This results in others having to do the job for them and they only help others if backed in to it and then grudgingly and slowly with lots of questions so it is often easier to just do it yourself....

This person had a good career and chose to leave it. They have a good standard of living and a family income in excess of anybody else in the team. But yet they talk of money troubles while also boasting about the cost of the extra-curricula activities of their offspring. They are often patronising and make the less academic members of the team uncomfortable, hell I probably have better qualifications, but I feel uncomfortable to!

Conversation is rarely fun. It is boastful and competitive. No I don't want to hear about the awards you and yours win. I don't want to hear about what you have bought. I don't want to hear how good you are. Do you feel so bad about yourself that you have to make everyone else feel bad?nnDo you have to be a snob?

I get cross. Then I bitch. I have been trying to work out how to express negative emotions without allowing my feelings to damage others. I have some way to go on this.

But this art..... all about leaving them be. Letting them fit and being one of many bubbles around them..... I would not want to burst or be burst. Static... friction.....

But then how do you express your feelings? I guess part of the problem here is my Boss, not dealing with a situation effectively, a difficult situation involving confrontation. Until they deal with it, the rest of the team is impotent, powerless, with no way to resolve or deal with their feelings about it.

2 comments:

mel said...

ugh -- this one is a tough one --- i have to confess that this type of person is MY nemesis..they're the sort that push me to my very limits of patience and diplomacy. {i'm getting agitated just thinking about it - lol)

but since this is a work situation then yes, once again, your Boss has dropped the ball and the actions of one person will erode the morale of the entire team.

i suppose you could just say something snidey to the person's face and maybe they'd shut their yap -- at least in your presence...;) burst their gobshitey bubble...:P

Gorgeous art...and such a truthful message...big bubbles and little 'uns...

xo

Rose said...

ugh so pushes my buttons too... And it is worse when my Boss is not there because he is a little nervous of her. Snarkey digs have no effect at all. I have snapped in the past. Next week will be back to normal but I need to work out why this is such an issue for me....