Tuesday 29 March 2011

Soul Food

I feel tired and drained right now. I have since the clocks changed. I am not the only one at work that is feeling the effects of the change. Some years it seems to have little affect but this year it has.

And now F is on a shift week which means he will be working the next three evenings. So no comfort there.

I was sat in work wondering what I would eat tonight when out of the blue, the desire for chicken and sweetcorn soup hit. I can't remember the last time I ate it and I have never made it. A 30 second internet hunt saw two versions of the recipe printed off. And a trip to the shop saw the ingredients home.

It turned out pretty good and was definitely soul food. Shame the cornflour went a little lumpy in places.... But it tasted good. With prawn crackers.

I needed that, I really did

2 comments:

mel said...

yeah, that time-change was a corker for some reason. and then we were hit with a spring snow-storm which made me really sulky...*grin*

soups sounds FAB...chicken soup really IS good for the soul...;)

xoxo

Rose said...

I wonder why this one was so bad? There has to be a reason....