Wednesday 2 March 2011

Outside(r)

There is some meat here. An old niggle. Something that causes discomfort. Something I must dig out and examine. Old issues that need to be set in letters to make their outlines clear so they can catch the breeze and fly.

I guess anyone who has been through any sort of counselling episode / deep loking at the self or anything of that type in any way knows, where there is discomfort or pain is where you need to go.

So I am going to go here and follow it back, all the way back. I am going to look at why htereis always something of the outsider lurking about me. In my head. I know I am not an outsider. I have many places I belong. I know this. But the child inside me, she feels alone and outside and different.

And just thinking on this for a few minutes, there are a lot of threads here to pull. It might take some time to write and examine and mull over. But I think it long overdue.

Strange how a blog can become therapy. Airing the intensely private in public, swathed in anonyminity.

But for now, work calls.

1 comment:

mel said...

i've always thought of myself as a fringe-dweller....i didn't always realize that one can fringe-dwell and yet still belong...

i see now where Sebastian gets it from...he enjoys a party and being sociable just so long as he has a bolt-hole...;)

glad you've found some juicy material...:)

xoxo