Tuesday 15 March 2011

The Rules

I am having a rollercoaster ride reading Dancing the Dream...

The introductions just resonated soooo strongly so I was looking forward to the rest immensely. So now I am reading about each of the seven paths in turn. I didn't get the first and second path.... couldn't feel them really at all. The third.... oh I have been working on that one, I think I probably still am and I can see no end in sight to that.... but bits of the fourth, they resonant a little as well, but not so strongly....

It seems we work on the lessons of the different paths without finishing the ones before. We walk several parts of the spiral at any one time. We get tested on lessons in previous paths to.

This is all fine. I just want to learn to be happy. i don't necessarily want to get all the way to the end and be a perfect spiritual being. That's a lot of work....

But one thing I am finding at the moment reading away, is that there is a strong emphasis on not gossiping, not being unpleasant, staying away from the negative.... I find this hard. What about balance? Is it better to repress these emotions? How do you stop feeling them? Do you need to stop feeling them or stop expressing them? Do we feel them and then let them go? Is it holding on to negativity that is wrong? Should we let others do things that are wrong to us without commenting? Where is this line exactly?

So many questions.... Theory is all very well, but knowing how to put it in to practice is another thing entirely. You have to believe the advice you are reading.... I need some explanations here and hope they come later in the book......

1 comment:

Suzi Smith said...

I've been thinkin bout what to say without writing an essay, lol.... then just saw this about healing toxic thoughts
http://www.sandraingerman.com/healingtoxicthoughts.html