Wednesday 30 March 2011

The Lion and the Mouse

The Mouse is irritating me a little. Most days, not at all. the Mouse has improved my life at work but their manner is not easy. They barely talk. They ignore us all, pretty much. They are precise in their work, anal. And if things are not exactly as they like, you know, sighs or a hurt look. Go too fast and you get a reproving hurt comment but go to slow and they are there trying be one step to be one step ahead, doing your job as well.

So I came home and that irritation was niggling. i picked two cards and got the owl and the deer and then I wrote to see what came out. Writing seems to be a way my other side can talk to me, without a purpose, my logic is quiet.

And you know what came out? Confirmation that what bugs me the most is this feeling of duplicity. I know others find it rude and that is what annoys them but.... it is not what gets to me. There are things that do not ring true. This person is smart and if you step on them even a little, them even a little, they speak up real quick. They have taken steps to make sure they speak to as few people as possible and see as few people as possible. every so often though, you will be talking about something that they have a little one up manship on and there they are.... and it just does not quite fit. It niggles....

A while back I joked and formed the theory they might be an ex-victim or in witness protection or something. Something happened to them. They are not the mouse they pretend to be, they are a lion hiding in mouse clothing. They are hiding but not scared. Don't talk, people will learn very little about you and not expect their idle queries to be answered, how best to not give away any background at all? Talk softly, so you can try and pretend that your Scottish accent is Cornish. Hide and lie with belief. But the eyes give you away, they are nt they eyes of a mouse.

So the owl.... the owl helps us see through deception. And because the owl came flying through and my stream of conscious writing lead me back to this potential deception, now I wonder whether it might be more than idle thought.

There are many reasons for a family to run and hide. Many women flee dodgy relationships via refuges, Christian communities help harbour such women and their families and give them a fresh start. Cornwall is a good place to hide. Isolated country with tight knit communities. but the Cornish will welcome good folk in and then you can hide in plain sight. There was a high profile case a few years back with a renowned witness who was moved here and was recognised by some, even after surgery, too many to ignore. People move here to hide abusive relationships and keep their partners controled to.

The deer stands for gentleness and maybe, just maybe I am right, it changes nothing except makes her more deserving of gentle handling. Not all masks are bad. Some are there for very good reasons. Who am I to say that the lion wearing the mouse mask should come clean. but it doesn't make them a mouse, even if they act like one.

2 comments:

mel said...

oooooh...nefarious indeed!

you seem to have very good instincts on this...an eye for spotting duplicity (another mutual acquaintance comes to mind..nudge, nudge, wink, wink)...so i imagine you're spot on.

but also true -- the reasons they may be a mouse in lion's clothing are possibly very legitimate...still, worth watching, i'd say.....;)

SO cool that you write your way to clarity -- i find myself doing that an awful lot of late....*sigh* :)

Rose said...

Thank you for your belief in my brains ramblings! *laugh*

The thing that blogging has taught me is that I need to write to really get at my emotional thoughts and feelings. If I put them in to words my logical side can deal with them...

It's why I came back to blogging. I don't write a journal because I also seem to need that vague indiscernible audience. The fact that I can see three faces in it, you, Suzi and Leone is excellent but I have no desire to make the other faces real, ghosts of the possible is fine. Having too many faces out there starts to interfere with the process of listening to my emotions....