Tuesday 22 March 2011

The Wall

The other day I picked a card and was surprised to get Armadillo who represents boundaries. Most of the time when I pick a card it makes pretty immediate sense but this one did not. So I shrugged and moved on...

But there was a lesson for me here, a huge one, several years in the developing, triggered by events I could not predict, involving others. Boundaries have to be regularly walked. They have to be maintained. If you don't maintain them, they start to slide and they keep on sliding. In any sort of relationship, this can be a dangerous thing. Sure sometimes they need to be flexible, but some boundaries are essential otherwise we lose ourselves and there are so many ways of doing that.

I had been letting some boundaries slide and over the course of a long time, they had moved too far, so far that the things that triggered all this made all those involved realise they had moved too much. This boundary has to be put back and I will hav to work hard on it, maintain it and be strong. It is a weakness, a boundary previously trampled that has never grown back fully, but now, now I am going to water it.

3 comments:

Leone said...

Thanks you Rose, that is so sweet of you!!

Leone said...

Good for you!! Boundaries are an issue for many people - especially women - and they can get us into so much trouble if we do not set them effectively. We get taken advantage of and end up feeling resentful and angry. It's hard to do when you have let them slip but you CAN do it, good luck!!!

Leone said...

I love your bubble page by the way!!